SAFe combines the era of Agile with Lean product development and systems thinking. It synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for multiple Agile teams. As a result, it dramatically improves business agility by accelerating productivity, time-to-market, quality, employee engagement, and more. SAFe is improving business outcomes for private enterprises and government agencies of all sizes across the globe, resulting in dramatic increases in employee engagement, improved economics, and workplaces that are more productive, engaging, and fun. Benefits from documented case studies includelead time, with the most ideal quality and value.
A broad assortment of learning, SAFe depends on Lean-Agile standards and qualities. It gives direction for the parts, obligations, antiques, and exercises important to accomplish better business results.
The SAFe site—scaledagileframework.com—highlights The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) for Lean Enterprises is an adaptable and configurable structure that enables associations to deliver new products, managers, and arrangements in the most limited maintainable intelligent ‘Enormous Picture’ realistic, which gives a review of the Framework. Every symbol on this realistic is interactive and connections to a supporting article and related assets.
“With a demonstrated structure, we can convey arrangements considerably quicker and with less exertion. SAFe characterizes the parts, groups, exercises and ancient rarities to apply Lean and Agile standards at big business scale, and gives remarkable preparing and training materials to expand our possibility of progress.”
Lean-Agile pioneers – Management has a definitive obligation regarding business results.
As an outcome, pioneers must be prepared in, and progressed toward becoming coaches of, these more slender mindsets also, working. Lean-Agile pioneers are deep rooted students and instructors. They comprehend and grasp Lean and Agile standards and practices.
- Core esteems – Four center qualities characterize the conviction arrangement of SAFe: arrangement, worked in quality,Transparency and program execution.
- Lean-Agile Mindset – The Lean-Agile Mindset is the blend of convictions, suspicions, furthermore, activities of SAFe pioneers and experts who grasp the ideas of the Agile Statement and Lean reasoning.
- SAFe Principles – These nine basic facts, convictions, and financial ideas motivate also, illuminate the parts and practices that make SAFe successful.
- Implementation Roadmap – Implementing the progressions important to wind up a Lean venture is a generous move for generally organizations. SAFe gives an execution guide to direct associations on this trip.
- SPC – SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) are change specialists who consolidate their specialized learning of SAFe with an inborn inspiration to enhance their organization’s product and frameworks improvement forms.
SAFe’s Core Values characterize the goals and convictions that are basic to applying the Framework. They go about as advisers for encourage individuals know where to put their concentration, and help decide whether associations are on the correct way to satisfy their business objectives. Each value is depicted quickly underneath.
- Arrangement – When administration and groups are adjusted to a typical mission, all the vitality is coordinated toward helping the client. Everybody is on a similar group, progressing in the direction of the same objectives. Arrangement imparts the purpose of the mission and empowers groups to center on the most proficient method to achieve it. Arrangement happens when everybody in the portfolio, and each group part on each ART, comprehends the methodology and the part they play in conveying it.
- Worked in quality – The financial effect of low quality is significantly higher at scale. Worked in quality hones increment consumer loyalty and give speedier, more unsurprising quality conveyance.
They additionally enhance the capacity to advance and go out on a limb. Without worked in quality, the Lean objective of most extreme incentive in the briefest manageable lead time can’t be accomplished. Worked in quality rehearses additionally guarantee that every arrangement component, at each augmentation, accomplishes fitting quality guidelines all through.
- Straightforwardness – ‘You can’t deal with a mystery.’ Transparency constructs trust. Trust, thusly, is basic for execution, development, hazard taking, and tenacious change. Huge scale arrangement improvement is hard; things don’t generally work out as arranged. Making a situation where ‘the realities are constantly well disposed’ is critical to building trust and enhancing execution. It empowers quick, decentralized basic leadership and more elevated amounts of representative strengthening and commitment.
- Program execution – To accomplish more extensive change, the whole improvement esteem stream— from idea to discharge—must move toward becoming more slender and more receptive to change. Conventional authoritative structures and practices were worked for control and steadiness; they were definitely not particularly intended to help advancement, speed, and dexterity. Workarounds, for example, tiger groups, venture based associations, and taskforces can’t beat these limitations. Basically, the larger part of associations can’t get through the thick dividers of useful storehouses. Rather, SAFe conveys an incentive by making stable (enduring) groups of-Agile-groups, as an Agile Release Train
Esteem. The rooftop speaks to the objective of Lean, which is the conveyance of most extreme esteem and quality to the client in the most limited reasonable lead time. High worker resolve, physical, scholarly what’s more, enthusiastic security, and client charm are further targets and advantages. Esteem is upheld by the four ‘columns’ of the House of Lean:
- Regard for individuals and culture – Management challenges individuals to change and may prescribe what to enhance, yet the groups learn review and critical thinking abilities also, make the proper upgrades. Pioneers comprehend the part that culture plays, what’s more, work to propel the way of life to line up with the new esteem framework and standards.
- Stream – Establishing a nonstop stream of work is basic to quick esteem conveyance. Accentuation
- is on staying away from the ‘begin stop-begin’ postponement of task based work, and a high esteem is set on work perceivability, extensive groups, persistent information procurement and sharing, and decentralized basic leadership.
- Advancement – Flow manufactures a strong establishment for the conveyance of significant worth. Be that as it may, without advancement, both item and process will stagnate. Development doesn’t just ‘happen.’ The privilege condition, including devoted time for development, must be designated. One omponent ofthis is the Innovation and Planning (IP) cycle, a freestyle emphasis that gives the time furthermore, intelligent flexibility required for advancement.
- Tenacious change – A venture enhances through ceaseless reflection and tenacious change. A steady feeling of focused threat drives the learning association to forcefully seek after chances to enhance and to react rapidly to Administration.
- This is the establishment of the House of Lean. Pioneers are prepared in these new and inventive mindsets, and by and by show these qualities, standards, and practices. The other component of Lean-Agile initiative is characterized by the ‘Declaration for Agile Software Development’ (otherwise known as Agile Manifesto).3 Alongside different Agile practices, the declaration gives the establishment for enabled, cross-utilitarian, self-sorting out, and self-overseeing Agile groups and prepares. It both an esteem framework (Figure 5, right) and an arrangement of twelve standards 3 that give the fundamental of the Agile approach. Lean-Agile pioneers bolster the Agile Manifesto, and SAFe is completely subject to Agile groups and prepares
- Build incrementally with fast, integrated learning cycles – Develop solutions incrementally in a series of short iterations. Each iteration results in an integrated increment of a working system. Subsequent iterations build on the previous ones. Increments allow fast customer feedback and risk mitigation. They also may become minimum viable products (MVPs) or prototypes for market testing and validation. In addition, these early, fast feedback points help determine when to ‘pivot,’ where necessary, to an alternate course of action.
- Base milestones on objective evaluation of working systems – Business owners, developers, and customers have a shared responsibility to ensure that investment in new solutions will deliver economic benefit. The sequential, phase-gate development model was designed to meet this challenge, but experience shows that it does not mitigate risk as intended. In Lean-Agile development, integration points provide objective milestones in which to evaluate the solution frequently and throughout the development life cycle. This regular evaluation provides the financial, technical, and fitness-for-purpose governance needed to assure that a continuing investment will produce a commensurate return.
- Visualize and limit WIP, reduce batch sizes, and manage queue lengths – Lean enterprises strive to achieve a state of continuous flow, where new system capabilities move quickly and visibly from concept to cash. There are three keys to implementing flow:
- Visualize and limit the amount of work in process (WIP) to limit demand to actual capacity.
- Reduce the batch sizes of work to facilitate fast and reliable flow through the system.
- Manage queue lengths to reduce the wait times for new capabilities.
- Apply cadence, synchronize with cross-domain planning – Cadence creates predictability, and provides a rhythm for development. Synchronization causes multiple perspectives to be understood, resolved, and integrated at the same time. Applying development cadence and synchronization, coupled with periodic cross-domain planning, provides the tools needed to operate effectively in the presence of uncertainty, inherent in product development.
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers – Lean-Agile leaders understand that ideation, innovation, and the engagement of knowledge workers can’t generally be motivated by individual incentive compensation. After all, individual objectives cause internal competition and destroy the cooperation necessary to achieve the larger aim of the system. Providing autonomy and purpose—while minimizing constraints—leads to higher levels of employee engagement, resulting in better outcomes for customers and the enterprise